Fixing the Family

Fixing the Family  

Signs Showing You May Need a Family Counselor

We don’t choose our families, we are born in them. It’s up to us to make things work, together, as a family. It’s up to the parents to be the guide and the leaders for their children, but the children need to cooperate as well. When they are still little, it may still be easy to steer them with your friendly advice, but as children grow older, it could get even more difficult to control them. When things get a little too out of control, it’s best for you and your family to seek some professional help. No one is better suited for that than a family counselor.

Here are a couple of signs that your family might need professional help:

Substance Abuse

Addiction problems have been known to tear families apart. In most cases, the family knows that their son, daughter or even father is abusing a particular substance, but they decide not to act on it for fear of causing a rift between them and the family member. But if this problem is left to grow, it will cause a lot of turmoil among family members, which is why it’s best to seek professional help from a family counselor if this happens. The family counselor can give you helpful advice on what to say to the member and how it’s best to overcome this great hurdle together.


Infidelities are the number one reason why a family falls apart. This may be due to the fact that the mother and father are the pillars of the family and any crack between the two of them could mean it could all come crashing down. It doesn’t matter if you’re the spouse or just the child, it’s best to push your family to seek a family counselor whenever there are glaring signs of infidelity present.

Now you could find a family counselor online or you could also ask your friends about it or you could check out Sally Leboy Individual and Couple's Counselor. They have the best counselors in the country and they are located in San Diego, CA and you can contact them at (619) 345-3797 for all your questions and concerns.